Challenges Worldwide provides a comprehensive business development and investment service to SMEs and social enterprises in low and middle-income countries.
At the heart of our operations is the Challenges Business Coaching programme. This provides high-potential SMEs with targeted business coaching from business leaders and professional services experts, recruited from our network of 3,500 professionals.
Our applications team recruits people to our network, and then matches them to an assignment that best suits their skills, experience and personal circumstances.
Executive assignments are for people in the early stages of their career and who are keen to develop their personal and professional skills. These assignments attract a modest administration fee. Director assignments are for senior people with significant experience in their field and are fully funded.
Most assignments last from one to six months. These can range from developing a business plan for a small food production company that is looking for loan equity, to recruiting a senior management team for a large social enterprise.
See our current assignments here then apply to our applications department.
After receiving your application we will:
- Call to discuss your application and answer any questions about the process
- Carry out an interview to find out more about you, your experience and skills. This can be by phone, Skype or face-to-face
- If you have the experience and skills we are looking for we will send you an offer to join our programme
Our applications team supports you throughout the process.
- A personal advisor to find the right role for each volunteer
- Pre-departure handbooks
- 24 hour, 7 days a week personal and professional support for each volunteer while overseas
- Access to our alumni network of volunteers
If there is no role that you suits your experience, please still apply as we are always interested in adding people to our network for future assignments.